Saturday, 18 August 2012

Marcy Diamond 200 Pound Stack Home Gym



By Goodtobeagator
Shipping:
We ordered this from Amazon who sent it to a warehouse 2 hours from us. It wasn't delivered to our door until the following week. So don't count on the delivery date being the same date it arrives at your home. On to the gym. I've got a short list of goods and bads...

Goods:
The range of movement during workouts is nice
Workouts feel challenging
There is more weight than my wife or I can lift
The gym feels sturdy (other than the seat being a LITTLE loose, but it's adjustable so I'm not sure that can be helped)
*UPDATE 1/18/12* We're really liking all the different workouts we can do. Pulls, pushes, lifts, etc. Good variety.

Bads:
- The seat, while adjustable, doesn't adjust as much as we'd like. It leans forward at various angles or can be straight up and down.
- The lower cable (floor level) is good for leg lifts but the "shiver bar" is useless. I don't think I'll be doing curls or any biceps with this gym. Who knows though. It might just take some getting used to.
*UPDATE 1/18/12* I'm using about half the weight stack and the gym creaks like it's under a lot of stress. Nothing has broken or bent yet but I just have this feeling that I don't want to use more than 6 plates.

Assembly:
I was fortunate to have received all the parts and the instructions were easy to follow. Scary pictures but if you go step by step they make sense. Oh, there's an error on step 9 I think... when it asks you to use 2 #83 bolts after you've already used them all, if you look at the diagram it says #81 or something, so if you get to the end and are missing two bolts, just look at the picture and go by that.
*UPDATE 1/18/12* As mentioned above, no problems yet. Today I had to adjust the tension on the hanging pulleys which only took about 5 minutes. When I put the machine together I had it on the lowest hole, and today I just moved it up to the 2nd from the bottom.

Conclusion:
Glad we got this gym. Got it for $346 during a random (and short-lived) sale on Amazon. Well worth the money.
*UPDATE 1/18/12* Still happy with the gym, but I have this feeling that as much as we like it, it's kind of cheap. The welding isn't great and the metal doesn't feel strong. No problems yet, though. I guess I'll just say we're still happy and leave it at that.


Click to>>>>Strength Training Equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment